Heidi L

New Bench Progress

7 posts in this topic

Well, I am getting closer!  Now just waiting for the Dremel to arrive as well as set up of some storage. Need to figure out how I'll hang the Dremel motor but that shouldn't be too involved.  I'd like to first start carving away with as little as possible so that I can add storage etc as I find the need for it, rather than setting up a bunch of stuff and having it be not quite right or not needed at all.   Might get a little magnetic strip for the wall just to keep bits I use all the time handy.  

And for lighting - that LED light was $30 at Costco.  Great price on a light that puts out a LOT of bright light in case anyone is looking for lighting ideas.

IMG_0406.JPG

Hi

I am lucky to have beams above my work space and have fixed several ordinary cup hooks in various positions so I can use the Dremel exactly where I need it.    I have put a wire hoop onto  the end of the  Dremel as the beam is too high for me to reach the on / off switch easily

Hi Heidi,

You might try screwing in an angle bracket on the wall in approximately the place that it should be.  It might need to be changed a bit once you have given some time to using the tool.  Having a whole wall in front of you has lots of potential beyond the magnetic strip, which by the way is quite a good idea!  I have a ledge and windows, so everything goes left or right or underneath the bench, or elsewhere entirely.

Janel

Thank you Janel!  That is a good idea.  I was originally thinking something from the ceiling but a bracket on the wall would be far easier to move if needed.  I also bolted the bench to the wall, so it is extremely sturdy now and no space for anything to slip behind!

I like the hanging light, I may do something like that as well. It gets to dark out on my deck at night. This is my set up.

my work bench.jpg

Oh wow!  I love the deck set up!  I remember the wonderful scents of the flowers and lush green of the Hilo area.  Thank you for posting this.

I recently moved my bench to my terrace cuz the weather is nice and finally installed a fan to blow the dust away. Its nice :)