Sign in to follow this  
Guest ford hallam

Clive's tales of woe.

Guest ford hallam

Hi all,

some of you know my brother Clive, the "enfant terrible" of the netsuke world and may be aware of the fact that over the last few months he's been experiencing increasing problems with neck pain and numbness in his arms. I know that he will cringe when he reads this but I thought that you'd want to know that he will be undergoing surgery sometime in the next few days.

Apparently one of the discs between the vertibrae in his neck has shifted and is pressing on the spinal cord. The operation, an anterior cervical disection, will remove the offending bit and replace it, with either a carbon fibre support, or a bone graft will be implanted. All in all, not a particularly pleasant procedure to endure and not without risk.

So, please keep my irascible brother in your thoughts and send him all the good vibes, prayers, universal healing energy :D or whatever works for you, that you can. I know he'd be touched ( not that he'll admit it :mellow: ) and I'm sure every bit helps.

I'll keep you updated with his progress.

thanks, and regards to all,

Ford

Guest ford hallam

cheers Mike.

Oh yeah! don't send flowers, just send money....to me, I'll see he get's it :mellow:

Clive, please know that I am hoping for the best outcome for you! You'll have a bunch of us here urging the surgeon's hands to do their best to get you back to wielding your own carving tools soon enough.

Sorry guys, I am out of cash.

Janel

Guest Clive

Thanks Mike and Janel... your best wishes are appreciated.

It looks like I'll be going in on Sunday night and hopefully they'll do the op on Monday morning.

I've asked them to save all the bits they remove and I'll see what I can make with them... I'm hoping my collectors are gonna pay premium bucks for an actual piece of me. :mellow:

Tallyhoo.... No rest for the wicked :D

Hey Clive,

Hope they get all those little thing-a-ma-bobs back in a coherent place in your neck.

But really - Best Wishes and Blessings to you for a speedy recovery.

I want to see a photo of your work - new work that is.

With Love,

Magnus

Guest Clive

Many thanks for your best wishes lads.... I really do appreciate your support.

....I suppose this means I'm gonna have to start being nice to everyone. :mellow:

Guest ford hallam

Hi all,

just a quick update, Clive is in the Royal Hallamshire ( we're really BIG in some parts of the UK ;)) hospital and scheduled for his op' tomorrow morning.

thanks for all the good wishes, I know Clive really does appreciate them, as do I.

regards, Ford

Guest ford hallam

Morning all, and it's a really GOOD morning :)

just got off the phone speaking with Clive, his surgery went ahead last afternoon and was performed perfectly. He's in pretty good spirits, despite abysmal hospital food ;) . He asked me to thank you all, straight away, for your kind words of support and your payers and thoughts.

When he came to the first thing he was aware of was the fact that he could feel his arm again. Over the last few months it had slowly been becoming increasingly numb and had actually begun to weaken quite severely. This morning he sounded extremely relieved and very keen to get back to his work. No doubt he'll be back on-line in a day or two and be able to speak for himself.

Thanks again everyone for your wonderful show of support.

Namaste, Ford