Sign in to follow this  
shedifice

bone adztoki thread/finding attachment/whipping method

Dear all,

new here so please be kind :)

I am making a bone toki for my wife. She used to live in NZ and we honeymooned there so thats the reason. Now the question,

I am struggling to find details on the web of how to attach the tread/cord to the top to make it into a pendant. I have "Bone Carving" by Stephen Myhre and remember it is a matter of creating a 4 strand platt then attaching this to the hole in the top. then 2 or 1? cords are removed and the remaining cord are wound (figure of 8 style ish) around the top to get the correct height, unwound and then the final recess carving is done. The cord can then be rewound and finished.

Problem is I can not remember the detail and I left the book in the UK. I am currently in Grenoble on business and returning to UK next week and would love to finish this by then so I can give it to her on my return.

Does anyone have any links either in this forum ( i have searched) or external with descriptions of the method.

Many thanks in advance.

regards

Leigh

No idea how to answer you. There are many online bookstores where you could pro'ly find a copy. Amazon can find your book. It is $37.

Bone Carving

Bone Carving by Stephen Myhre (Paperback - Jul 31, 2000)

Buy new: $37.61

Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available

Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.

3.0 out of 5 stars (2)

Books: See all 5 items

Ralph

Dear Ralph,

Thanks for the time to respond. I have the book at home, if i can't get any info this week I will just wait until I am back nin the UK to read the info and finish the toki at home.

Regards

Leigh