Sign in to follow this  
mace ngata

Video Of A Workshop On A Jade Moebius Featuring Don Salt

Just got an email about a video recorded during a workshop on carving a moebius ribbon in jade featuring Don Salt filmed last year, and thought that I would let others know its available in case it hadn't been mentioned in the forum.

Its always been a bit of a pipe dream to be able to attend the workshops I see happening online and to be honest was rapt to see something along these lines has been released :) :)

will post a beginners perspective after having watched it , but um am likely to have a biased opinion as I have been a fan of both him and Owen Mapp since I was a young un at school , and thats been a while :D

Cheers all.

Mace

well the tutorial arrived today and to be honest i couldn't be happier , great insights shared on reading grain in jade , where to cut , and how to pick the working face and why , worth every cent and more , i couldn't recommend this dvd highly enough for those wishing to avail themselves of the experience of a very talented individual

cheers all

kia ora mate :)http://www.donnsaltjade.com/carve-a-moebius/ Is where I found it, costs $ 28 US, for me its a gem worth every cent, hints on setting up gear, the advantages of using pneumatic sanding drums, reading stone , the golden mean all sorts of little insights , really neat ae !!

Hope all is well

ka kite bro.

Mace .

Ive got this DVD. I found it was ok. The details at the start on reading the stone was useful but the video shows poor examples.

If anyone wants to buy it Ill sell it for $10.