Ed Twilbeck

5 Dragons

I have had this Piece of old wood, that may be some drift wood,that came from fresh water flowing. I kept looking at it and found 5 heads, some had eye place and one has a ready made eye. I removed only enough wood to highlight and exposed the heads of what could look like dragons or an animal. The pic is of one side will post the rest when finished. Here I am carving some eyes out of Ebony.

I went to you site a saw completed work. Very nice.

Here is a quote from Wikipedia "In his notebooks, Leonardo da Vinci wrote of pareidolia as a device for painters, writing "if you look at any walls spotted with various stains or with a mixture of different kinds of stones, if you are about to invent some scene you will be able to see in it a resemblance to various different landscapes adorned with mountains, rivers, rocks, trees, plains, wide valleys, and various groups of hills. You will also be able to see divers combats and figures in quick movement, and strange expressions of faces, and outlandish costumes, and an infinite number of things which you can then reduce into separate and well conceived forms."

Nice imagination. Great to see your activity.

People always say that they got no material to work with, yet seem to go blindly through their environment,

as there are so many things out there that could be used to spur creativity.