Hi from Japan

Kei Tsuzurahara

Hello,

My name is Kei Tsuzurahara I'm 33 years old Tattooist from Japan,as a part of my job I'm making tattoo machines(just to understand them better ) Up till recently i wasn't do any carvings but friend of mine asked me if its possible to put small item on his machine,and he showed me nicely inlaid tsuba.and that opened a whole new perspective for me, i refused to do it until i learn to do it properly.even thou I live in City (Seki) which is most famous for katana and blade making,rarely anyone is doing traditional way of carving,so i couldn't find anyone near me to show me how to do it. So it's books DVDs and Internet.Yesterday I found your forum and i was really surprised of the hi quality works tutorials and technical topics you provided.thank you very much.I have i bunch of newbie questions, but just browsing trough forum was very inspiring and i think i learned more in one day than for the last couple of month.In my spare time i do paint and sculpt,here is my web page address http://www.la-calavera-tattoo.com (it' s still under construction but most of it is viewable.best regards

Kei Tsuzurahara

Guest ford hallam

Hi there Kei,

welcome to our little on-line community. I'm pleased you found us ;) , and very happy that you feel that this forum will be of some support to you. I am sure you will find the members here very helpful and willing to discuss all aspects of our work in miniature.

Your own work as a tattoo artist is fascinating to me and I have long admired the elegant and precise drawing skills needed to do this kind of work. If I ever decide to have a tattoo I know where I would go :)

best regards, Ford :(

Hi kei, very happy to talk with you. I like tattoo and your work is very nice. Your country is the principal source of my inspiration, i like your culture and your arts. I hope you find here a lot of answer, there is much great carvers, and they like to share their knowledge.

Archived