Dragon Flies

Patrick Hastings

Hi All I was walking up a spring fed creek the other day and came across this lovely pond with A huge abundance of life. Fish, turtles, Newts, Salamanders, 10 kinds of dragon flies, Water snakes, Frogs, Tree frogs, Spiders and so on. Nothing would hold still for me save these two Dragons.

Large picture size for use on desktops if anyone would like to. The file size is still within the boards 50k Limit.

patrick

post-40-1182331596.jpg

Beautiful. I have several varieties around my house. But I've never seen the red ones here in North Carolina. We have nice blue ones but not like the one you showed. Thanks for sharing.

Don

Until a couple of years ago the reds never slowed down enough for me to appreciate them with the camera hehe. Now they are like pets. This one would not leave the jeep atenna for more than a moment now matter how close I got. It even chased the jeep when we were pulling out our long driveway ! Apparently they can't fly faster than 15mph hehe.

patrick

post-40-1182411218.jpg

Hi Folks!

Nice pictures! The red one, great!

Here are some photos of a dragonfly and a damselfies

post-318-1182448252.jpg

post-318-1182448318.jpg

post-318-1182448654.jpg

post-318-1182448788.jpg

Not the best images, but great litlle neigbhours to have, right Patrick? :)

About the damselflies I could get the blue ones inside the house, the oranges just kept out... but next summer... ;):)

HUGHS,

Sebas

P.S.:Is the second one too dark?!

Hi Folks!

Nice pictures! The red one, great!

Here are some photos of a dragonfly and a damselfies

post-318-1182448252.jpg

post-318-1182448318.jpg

post-318-1182448654.jpg

post-318-1182448788.jpg

Not the best images, but great litlle neigbhours to have, right Patrick? :)

About the damselflies I could get the blue ones inside the house, the oranges just kept out... but next summer... ;):)

HUGHS,

Sebas

P.S.:Is the second one too dark?!

Thank you for Shareing Sebastian,

I think our damsel fly is nearly identical. Unlike the dragon fly they seem to be able to fold thier wings back. I have been trying to get a picture of a black yellow striped dragon fly that I see occasionally. It is the largest one We have looks to have an 8" wing span. The Reds have about 3.75 wing span.

I have a Dragon fly themed set of fittings to create, so I have been especially interested lately.

patrick

Archived