Motivation

Guest ford hallam

Guest ford hallam

I think these images belong under the general heading of motivation, or inspiration.

They are in fact in response to a private joke between Tom and me and unashamedly pander to our appreciation of "the finer things in life" :)

notice the Imperial Japanese purple too :)

and this is what I want for Christmas ( if my wife won't let me have my first choice B) ; see above :) )

Sake tokkuri by National Living Treasure, Harada Shuroku. The cup is an antique Chinese piece.

Shake it Ladies, and Kampai! :D

Guest ford hallam

well, you could try appreciating the rustic pottery :)

and I really don't think I'm qualified, despite outragous rumours :) suggesting otherwise, to discern what exactly interests the other half of the worlds population. B)

I might not know a lot about that but I do know what I like, to borrow a phrase :)

Guest ford hallam

Ok, just so I can't be accused of being a chauvinist here's a little something that might be of more interest to the ladies who grace our forum.

there, all fair now. Did I do good? :)

( running for cover smiley )

Guest ford hallam

Abrigado, Remo

that man has magical hands that make strings sing. Wonderful!, even though I could not understand his words I could still feel his pure and honest expression.

and Karl, yes, have a cold shower......I'm sure we all could use one too ;) , not sure that praying will be enough though. :P

Namaste, Ford

p.s. Remo, I've just been listening to that piece of music again this morning. I really enjoyed the instrumental piece that plays first. Can't find this on-line to buy though, perhaps I should visit you in Brazil. :D ...sometime :D

Hi Remo,

the cold shower helped a lot a little prayer too. :D

I found this while looking in a book on the sculptor Bernini. This is the head of St. Teresa in the Cornaro Chapel in Rome. The whole sculpure is called "The Ecstasy of St. Teresa". It is perhaps the climax of her prayer.

For the netsuke and inro guys here I found the following pic.

It is Edo period work.

Sorry for bad quality of the pics. ;)

In every culture even in Europe while the Baroque there was a deep adorment of the Eros - some finer things in life. :P

Berlin Karl

Archived