Hi guys and girls, from deepest Yorkshire, UK

Derek Pegnall

I've been mooching around in the corners for a few days, thought it about time I introduced myself.

I'm a UK based hand engraver, more recently concentrating on relief carving, especially hobo nickels,

silver dollars etc. This forum is one h*ll of a rescource. I was introduced to the forum by a current member,

a fellow nickel carver, engraver and all round artist from the USA.

Here's a recent carved Morgan Dollar, give you an idea of what I've been upto recently.

Degs

post-1582-1183476903.jpg

Welcome to The Carving Path!

Nice, clear photo of your work! Does deepest Yorkshire mean you live in the country, a rural location rather than metropolitan?

This week seems rather quiet, summer attendance ebbs and flows. The USA is having a national holiday, which falls on Wednesday so this may be the stretch everyone has chosen to forgo the computer for the suitcase and are on holiday.

Welcome aboard!

Janel

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words fellas.

Janel, I cheated, it's a scan. I'm not too clever with a camera. I've found that if I get the orientation of the coin correct on the scanner it doesn't come out too bad. Takes a few goes. I need to learn how to get good photo's though, better quality.

Hey Dick..... you made me smile..... someone recognised the subject, I must be getting somewhere with this carving lark, thanks.

Hi Karl, it's carved directly into the dollar with hand gravers.

Cheers

Degs

Archived