Live Earth concert

Guest ford hallam

Guest ford hallam

OK everybody lets have a show of hands, who's watching the 24hours global Save Earth concert?

be there or be square :D

Namaste, Ford

p.s. watch it by candle-light to save electricity :)

Thanks for the announcement Ford. Found it!

Have any of you watched the movie An Inconvenient Truth? The drought in the USA, and up north where we live, with the dingy sky on some days (an hour's drive north from the city) is quite a change from 32 years ago when I moved here to the country. Watching that movie (on DVD) was very sobering. Afterwards, as I moved about in the public, thinking that everyone was aware and caring, the reality of the zillions of personalities and attitudes, habits and dependencies, very few seem to be motivated to move forward in a new way. Very dismal awakening.

Janel

Hi there,

its a pity, I missed the Live Earth Concert :) .

I am not sure if it helps to watch a concert by candle light while the amplifiers arent driven by a hamster wheel. :D

Just some links to guys I had the privilege to see in concert. Just to share the fun and celebrate the diversity of cultures.

I hope rock n roll will help to save the world. :)

regards

Karl

Hello all,

I was aware of the concert(caught a glimpse or two). Yes Karl, Rock and Roll will help to save the Earth. All artists are by nature helping to raise consciousness - even those making little teeny carved objects, but lets face it - amplified music can get a really large crowd's attention - Bob Dylan went electric. A quote from Jimi Hendrix paraphrased "If they had electric guitars back in the cotton fields, things would have been a whole lot different."

Hey Hey My My Rock and Roll Will Never Die.(Neil Young)

And lets hear it for World Music ( coming to us from the new Solar Age )

In Light and Love,

Magnus

P.S.

Karl, thanks for the tunes - I'd never heard Gogol before - I enjoyed.

I'm afraid that the Ottawa Bluesfest has taken most of the local attention attention away from this. This is the second largest blues festival in North America, and it is about a 10 minuit walk from where I work, and is held where my wife works, so unfortunately, I get free tickets. We saw the White Stripes last night. Awesome!!! Lined up to see INXS on Friday.

Phil

Hi again,

Just another note on the whole awareness thing ( don't get too depressed Janel ) - the disfunction in the world isn't new, just amplified by our technologies - it makes a lot more noise than the billions who are awakening - remember - reality is not a matter of opinion - this moment . . . right . . . now . . . is . . . where . . . everything that ever was . . . or will be . . . is happening . . . right now . . .

If we pay full attention to this moment we will move in the right direction as surely as a seed becomes a flower or the Earth spins. This forum is an example of the growing awareness coming out of the old cultures.

Blessings,

Magnus

Archived