G'day from Aus...

Glen Drane

Hello all,

My name is Glen Drane and I live in Victoria, Australia. My main interest is making Japanese style blades but my fittings are quite plain, therefore I found this Forum serching the net for tips on inlays & pattination for steel fittings. So here I am. Hopefully to learn more about decorating steel. I may not be able to provide much input to the forum at this stage but I am sure I will get a lot out of it.

Thanks All. Regards Glen.

Hello Glen! Welcome to The Carving Path Forum!

You are in the vicinity of netsuke carver Susan Wraight, whose background is in jewelry/metals as is the occupation of her husband, Ray Stebbins. Are you familiar with them? Another netsuke carver in the region is Leigh Sloggett. I believe that they are not members here on TCP, but are very much a part of the world's small carving scene.

We look forward to watching you getting involved here!

Janel

Hello Glen! Welcome to The Carving Path Forum!

You are in the vicinity of netsuke carver Susan Wraight, whose background is in jewelry/metals as is the occupation of her husband, Ray Stebbins. Are you familiar with them? Another netsuke carver in the region is Leigh Sloggett. I believe that they are not members here on TCP, but are very much a part of the world's small carving scene.

We look forward to watching you getting involved here!

Janel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Janel,

I will have to get intouch with then one day, A netsuke made by a local would be nice to ad to my small collection of things Japanese.

Regards Glen.

Thanks Mike and David,

David - I am working on some sword fittings at the moment for a Wakizashi I made, Very plain compared to some of the stuff I've already seen on this forum. I'll post some pic's when I get them finished.

Regards Glen.

Archived