Haliotis Iris source.

Sebastián Urresti

Dear Friends,

Looking for Paua over the web I found this site Paua Mana All the Paua items are great, the quality and thicknes of the shells are amazing and Malcolm McCrea, who´s in charge of it, is a great man. We´ve become pen-friends and interchanged a lot of things, and I mean A LOT!

Please check the site and contact him if you need something related to Paua.

Hugs,

Sebas

P.S.: Janel, I don´t know if I can post a message like this, I want the TCP members to know that there is a place to get good material. If you have to remove it, please do it and explain me how to do it correctly. Thanks.

Dear Sebas,

This recommendation is perfect for material source ideas. No need to worry. Now, if you were trying to sell your work, or the work of others, using TCP as the sales venue, then we would object. You can suggest that people visit the web site for availability of new work, just not sales from here.

Regarding removal of topics or posts, I don't know what the members are able to do, since I have the forum admin abilities. You might only be able to edit your post (change the text and attachments), but I don't know if you can remove it. You may see the EDIT button at the lower right of message you posted. Do you see it?

Regardless of what abilities for function the members have, I am able to edit, delete, and make other changes. I rarely exercise those features, but sometimes it is necessary. So, if anyone has a need to edit the title to a new topic, or wish to call my attention to something, please do so. Send to me a PM with what your concerns are.

Thank you Sebas for your concern. The recommendation for a Paua source is good to see here.

Janel

Dear Janel,

I´m sure that I´ve pressed the wrong button!!!!! Now I know which one to use! ;)

A correction to myself first, is Haliotis Iris with one L not two as I posted it... Sorry

I use it to make eyes inlays only but I want to try another shapes. It makes a beautiful contrast with bone as support. Next message I´ll post you a picture of a carving with Paua eyes.

Hugs,

Sebas

P.S.: Thanks for the PM you´re in EVERY DETAIL!!!!!!!! ;)

Hi Folks,

Well, I´m glad that the link could be of some use for your carvings! As I told you the quality and grade of the shells is the best! I´ve tried some Mexican Halliotis and some Brazilian Haliotis but the result is not the same, I don´t know what the shells eat down New Zealand for their colors to be so deep! (hope to get that expression right...:D)

Hi Dick,

I want to tell you that the New Zealand´s Post Service is great, it took only 7 days to get my parcel and I´m far from there, so I think that their world wide service is great! Glad to give you a contact then! :D

Dear Janel,

What can I say... THANKS FOR CORRECTING THE "L" FOR ME!!!!!! ;)

Here are some details for you to see the inlays made with a Brazilian Haliotis. I´m working with some carving that I hope to finish and use the Haliotis Iris in them! As for the inlays I´ve been doing some Cyanocrylate research and I discovered that you can but it from some hobby houses, you have a lot of different time uses and densities, as 1 to 5 seconds, 5 to 10 seconds, one minute, like water, like a paste and solid! ;)

post-318-1188657356.jpg

post-318-1188657379.jpg

Hope you like it,

Hugs,

Sebas

Archived