Leonid_g

Leonid_g

Guest ford hallam

Hello Leonid,

I'm pleased you have joined us. Don't worry about the language difficulty. I am sure everyone will do their best to to make you feel welcome. It's good to have more people join who are not English speakers. Your translation program is working fine. ;)

Thank you for posting images of your work too.

Do svidanye :)

Ford

Hello Leonid,

Do you know Sergey Osipov? He lives outside Kiev, and is a member here on The Carving Path. He is a netsuke carver, among many other talents.

Welcome to this great forum. I hope you find much good information and companionship here.

Janel

Привет из Германии.

Добро пожаловать в Carving Path! Как Вы видите, можно обойтись без английского. Как на счёт русского? По-украински мы к сожелению не дуже разумеем, а писать и далее...

Рады знакомству

Карлуха и Наташка :rolleyes:

Hi Leonid,

Welcolme to The Path! You will find a lot of fine people who doesn´t speak English and have some problems with it (Vuestro humilde servidor :rolleyes:) You have a very personal work. Here´s one question: What is the small figure, I think that is a boy, doing with his hand? It reminds me of an African gesture that symbolize a penis, the Brazilians call it Figa.

post-318-1189795094.jpg

Hugs,

Sebas

Hi all!

The many thanks for the attention to my small persona.

Janel, I is not know Sergey Osipov, but it saw its works in the Internet.

English will reach difficulty with the consideration of materials and tools. Correct my errors.

Hi Leonid,

Welcolme to The Path! You will find a lot of fine people who doesn´t speak English and have some problems with it (Vuestro humilde servidor :rolleyes:) You have a very personal work. Here´s one question: What is the small figure, I think that is a boy, doing with his hand? It reminds me of an African gesture that symbolize a penis, the Brazilians call it Figa.

Hugs,

Sebas

Hi Sebastian.

Different peoples interpret gestures differently. In the tradition of the peoples of the Russian Empire figa - "kukish' can be considered as negation, for example the answer to government to an increase in the taxes. :)

HEY LEONID!!!

Thanks for the answer, I must tell you that I´m surprised with the meaning of Kukish! :rolleyes: Thanks for the explanation. We have an expression that is also a negation with some sarcasm in it that is called "Minga", but is impossible to describe, or at least for me. I´ll see if I get an animated gif for you to see it.

Thanks and welcome again.

Hugs,

Sebas

Archived