Test Topic for Language Translator

Janel

Please post in this topic from your language translator web page.

I am running a test to see if a particular translation web site will work for members whose language is not English. That is what this topic is about. If the members whom I have asked to test the web site translator are able to post here, and it appears in English, from any of the languages they are posting from, then we will have something exciting to announce.

Janel

Hello Janel,

thank you for the idea to use translation programs. This post office will be translated by Babelfish. I hope that it a more understandable English than meins become and merrily as did not translate Japanese web pages as.

best greets

Karl

Ps. Above is the uncorrected translated text directly from babelfish. :)

Karl, you do a much better job with English than the babelfish translation!

I would say that this is not a good endorsement for the translator. Humans do manage to make choices better than machines...

Thank you Karl for doing this first test.

Janel

Hi Janel,

Most translating-machines on the internet (if not all) do not translate correctly. This is because it translate only the words and not the hole sentence...

So the problem here is that words could have different meanings and these programs don't use the right verbes...

So if you wanna use a good translating-machine it's gonna cost I think....

Unfortunatly doh, I could use one I believe :)

Cheers B_art79

So far, the members I asked to try a particular translation web site, have shown me that it supports your statement, Bart. We are likely not going to succeed with finding a convenient and accurate translator that would suit our multilingual membership. Not yet, anyway.

Dear Janel,

This translator is not the best to do this kind of job, from Spanish to English and from Portuguese to English the versions are not good and some words remain the same...

Sorry not to post before but I´m not checking urresti@sebastian.net.ar so often. I´m going to change my mail adress to another that i check every 5 minutes, well, not me but the Outlook! :unsure:

HUGS,

Sebas

Archived