Just another bead

magnus homestead

Hello,

Here's yet another sterling bead. It measures 56mm X 44mm X 24mm. The raven head will have an Orange Sapphire eye.

I have nothing "to say" with this piece - - I just like to play with the graphic layout of Celtic style design - - that and holding one of my beads really does feel good if you are even half way conscious. :ph34r: I will put in my two cents worth about expression in art in The Way soon.

I've joined a community education class this quarter in woodcarving - there is a good group of carvers involved including one professional sculptor who mostly does figurative work and so my next post will most likely be something in boxwood.

In Love and Light,

Magnus

post-239-1190787121.jpg

post-239-1190787170.jpg

Guest ford hallam

Hi Magnus,

I do love your beads :ph34r: , and I just know they are lovely to hold.

I particularly appreciate the way you arranged the ravens feathers, I think it works very well.

Thanks, namaste,

Ford

Hi all,

Thank you for your kind words. Thanks Ford and Doug for your comments on the feathers - I wanted them to have a swirling sort of effect as they went into the spirals - a pattern within a pattern so to speak. Mike - it does make me happy that this bead says something to you, and yes - it is worn around the neck. (It weighs in at 3 troy ozs.)

These beads are so simple in technique that I have been somewhat hesitant at times to post them in this forum where so many highly developed carving and metal working skills are shown. I am very pleased that the compositions hold enough interest to draw your attentions. Thanks again.

Namaste,

Magnus

Hi all,

Thank you for your kind words. Thanks Ford and Doug for your comments on the feathers - I wanted them to have a swirling sort of effect as they went into the spirals - a pattern within a pattern so to speak. Mike - it does make me happy that this bead says something to you, and yes - it is worn around the neck. (It weighs in at 3 troy ozs.)

These beads are so simple in technique that I have been somewhat hesitant at times to post them in this forum where so many highly developed carving and metal working skills are shown. I am very pleased that the compositions hold enough interest to draw your attentions. Thanks again.

Namaste,

Magnus

Magnus, I'm immpressed. Really nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Great piece Magnus! Very George Bain. I really like the treatment of the bird as well. It must be a joy to hold and wear. I can picture it being held, hanging around the neck of a woman with long red hair, standing on a cliff overlooking the North Sea.

I think I'll go off and think of that a bit more.

Phil

Archived