My latest sworf fittings

Bartosz Ulatowski

Guest ford hallam

Hello Bartosz,

I see your technique is developing well. True inlay I believe. the shibuichi plate has an interesting macro-grain structure which you have used well in the way you have aligned it. It adds to the feeling of the water. Your detail, particularly on the heron, is getting finer and more careful but I hope you don't lose too much of the character that is so appealing in the way you depict your little creatures.

If I may I would suggest you start to make a careful study of how you arrange your compositions by looking at how the better artists in the past tackeled the problem. If you like I can post some examples.

Very nice progress though, congratulations.

regards, Ford

p.s. that looks like some decent nashiji on the fuchi too, impressive ;)

Thank you for comments.

I will revile the secret. Everything is inlay except of silver body of crane. I don't trust some how in my abilities of inlaying big elements. But I'm still learning.

If I may I would suggest you start to make a careful study of how you arrange your compositions by looking at how the better artists in the past tackeled the problem. If you like I can post some examples.

the shibuichi plate has an interesting macro-grain structure which you have used well in the way you have aligned it.

Dear Ford It is not shibuichi structure. It is special way of applying patina that I have invented.

About composition. Thank you for comments. I have plenty of good books about sword fittings I love good books so I buy them sometimes too often. And I had 5 years of composition in my school. But you know, one thing is knowledge other to do it well. But you 100% right I should care more about it.

Archived