ebony makes me black

b_art79

I'm not sure if its the same thing but I use to get a purple /black stain on my hands when working with oak and using steel tools and to remove,well help remove the stain, we used lemon juice straight from a lemon and then soap and a dish scourer to remove the residue.

hope this may help

Shaun

Although the soiling of ebony dust doesn't cause the staining associated with oak (tannins) and steel- Shaun brings up a good point. Lemon juice (citric acid) has in the past been used as a 'chelating' agent to aid in stain removal. If you look on a soap or shampoo label, the two chemicals EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid..'whew' :unsure: ) and sodium dithionite are the modern equivalents. They're there to removal metallic compounds.

-Doug

Although the soiling of ebony dust doesn't cause the staining associated with oak (tannins) and steel- Shaun brings up a good point. Lemon juice (citric acid) has in the past been used as a 'chelating' agent to aid in stain removal. If you look on a soap or shampoo label, the two chemicals EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid..'whew' :unsure: ) and sodium dithionite are the modern equivalents. They're there to removal metallic compounds.

-Doug

No wonder the steel plate in my head keeps shrinking. I used a lot of shampoo!

Hmmmmmmmm, It looks like I have to studie chemistry to clean my hands?!?!?

Well I tried plane soap and a brush but did not really work, somehow it gets really into my fingers.

I will try the lemon before I start to studie my chemestry-course....

Ps if you got a metal plate in your head, stop make it shrink and use por 15, used it on my car and well, aldoh it is a mini it doesn't have to get smaller right! So por 15 that does the trick!!!!

Thanx folks...

B_art79

Archived