CroMagnon Doodle

tsterling

Got bored, so looking for something to do, I cobbled together this fusion-of-cultures version of a fetish, based upon CroMagnon prehistoric people, european solutrean spear points (remarkably similar to the clovis points of the americas) and "Venus" figure. Just a bit of fun, based on my heritage...

post-11-1192730170.jpg

Edit: Oops, forgot the size - 1 5/8 inches long (41mm), moose antler bear skull, steel solutrean point, blackwood base, ebony and fossil ivory pegs.

Got bored, so looking for something to do, I cobbled together this fusion-of-cultures version of a fetish, based upon CroMagnon prehistoric people, european solutrean spear points (remarkably similar to the clovis points of the americas) and "Venus" figure. Just a bit of fun, based on my heritage...

So Tom, does this mean your ancestors were cave men from Venus? ;)

Nice piece. Good details in the skull, especially considering the size, and I like your "faux knapping" of steel. Well done.

David

Thanks for the critiques, guys!

David, I think it means my ancestors were a Venus from the cave, or the cave men were from Mars who carved Venus, or maybe Venus emigrated from Mars, or, now I'm getting confused...anyway, they were all from a branch of the family that we don't like to talk about much! ;)

Archived