Jump to content



Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...



I really like this fish carving - what size is it?


You were asking about gold leaf - I had to apply some of this to a jade carving a few years ago and so learned a little about it - you need a glue to affix the gold to the object and of course a lot of delicate handling as the gold is sooo thin. I wonder who might know more about this subject - we should post a query in the techniques section. I still have a book of goldleaf to practice with.


Keep up the good work!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

hoi Bart,


The glue is called Mixtion. It's an oilbased mixture you can buy at almost any artsupply shop. I used it a long time ago so I can't give you details on what to do or don't with the stuff but I remember to apply red paint on the parts to be leafed. It will give extra warmth to the gold. Hope this helps a bit.


groet, Sjoerd

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...