Sign in to follow this  
Doug Bostic

New kid on the block

Well, I just recently joined and was reminded that I should be polite enough to say hello to everyone. :P

I'm a young 'un, just recently 18; currently in Tucson, AZ. Very much a novice carver, I've just recently started my first few projects; which I will happily post for critique upon completion. I'm also a novice bladesmith, as well as a martial artist, haphazard musician, self-instructed painter and writer, and just about anything else I've found myself able to fit into the schedule of a full time student.

I want to thank everyone here for the knowledge imparted already here on the board, and hope to learn much more over time from now on.

Welcome to The Carving Path! You are a youngster, and I believe the youngest member here. We have at least one other member from the Tucson area. There is plenty to learn here, and when you have questions please ask.

Janel

Janel,

I had a feeling I'd be the youngest of the group. It doesn't seem to be the most popular thing for my generation to be interested in.

Fred,

Actually, no, I have not yet. Interestingly enough, I am planing on giving him a call today, as I'm interested in taking his course next semester. So Hopefully I'll be meeting him sometime in the near future.

Good to know there's other Tucsonans about.

Thank you both for the warm welcome.