Another newbe

zwwizard

Hello all, I have been working with wood for over 50 years, in one way or another. I spent 20 years as a US Marine. Working mostly in the electronics field. I have been a motorcycle mechanic and I have been a Lapidary and silversmith since the 1960's. About 20 years ago I started wood carving. First duck decoys (working for a small carving Co.)and small animals. After I retired I stated doing antique repair mostly turning and remaking missing pieces. Lately I have been working with smaller and smaller carvings and making the tools that it takes to do them. I hope to do some netsuke carving before my eye sight gets any worse. I ran across this site and it looks like you guys can teach me a lot.

Here is a site of some of my work and messes.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gallery/view?username=thewizz

--

Richard

Richard L. Rombold

WIZARD WOODWORKING

Springfield, Or .97478

Welcome Richard.

I had a very nice breakfast this morning. Cold coffee, dried-up cheese on my bread, but what a nice photoalbum!

(We have a new winner in the 'who-has-the-most-tools-competition'!)

I like your home-made tools.

Looks like we can learn from you.

Hello Richard!

Welcome to The Carving Path Forum, and thank you for the good introduction. It is great to look through your photo albums. You have a few projects left in that wood supply! I really like the bowling ball solution on the two-ended carving bench! The forum members have posted various ideas for weighted holding tools for metals carving, and this looks like it is very useful.

Janel

Archived