NEW MEMBER.......RUSS

RUSS

…..HI FOLKS…HOPE THIS IS NOT TOO LENGTHY FOR AN INTRO……

I LIVE IN THE SLEEPY CITY OF SHEFFIELD ..”THE STEEL CITY” UK WITH MY PARTNER JOANNE AND 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER MOLLY…..SHE’S AT THE FUNNY AGE …HOPE IT LASTS….

AT NIGHT I SING FOR A LIVING …WAKE UP IN THE MORNING….. AND CARVE…….

BEEN CARVING FOR AROUND 8 YEARS NOW ORIGIONALLY SELF TAUGHT FOR AROUND 6 MONTHS THEN CRIED FOR HELP……

SINCE THEN PETER BENSON …. WOODCARVER ….FROM ESSEX UK HAS BEEN A GREAT TEACHER AND MENTOR ……NOW REALLY CLOSE FRIEND ….I OWE HIM SO MUCH….

PETE INTRODUCED ME TO THE WORLD OF NETSUKE ….. WORST LUCK…

APART FROM CARVING HUGE PIECES LIKE A LIFE SIZE POLAR BEAR DOWN TO BEAUTIFUL FIGURE CARVING HE HAD ALSO CARVED MANY NETSUKE….. EVETUALLY I GOT THE BUG…..

PETE THEN SUGGESTED I CONTACTED JANEL FOR MORE ADVICE

( THANKYOU JANEL)…

WHO IN TURN GAVE MY DETAILS TO CLIVE HALLAM…HE LIVES ABOUT 15 MILES AWAY…HE PROBABLY WHISHED IT WAS A LITTLE FURTHER AS I DO TEND TO PHONE HIM ON AN HOURLY BASIS…

ANYWAY FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS CLIVE HAS BEEN HELPING ME WITH ALL ASPECTS OF NETSUKE ….. STILL VERY MUCH ONGOING..

THANK YOU CLIVE …I OWE YOU….

.A NICE BOTTLE OF WINE TENDS TO DO THE TRICK……

THAT’S IT FOR NOW …..SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING....TALK SOON

RUSS

Tenor, baritone, or bass?....

not sure to be honest Fred..iv'e been singing for 10 years now on the local circuit,

I do covers of other peoples songs ....you could say it's gloryfied karaoke as I sing to backing tracks but there is a big call for it here in the uk....middle of the road type music....it pays for the luxuries like food and rent......

I will post some pics a soon as I take some decent ones....a couple of the pieces ive made are buffalo horn so quite reflective, found it more difficult to photograph them......made a light box recently but not mastered the art just yet.....I saw a link on the forum to a site regarding photography so will check that out ... bye for now... Russ

• 3 weeks later...

Archived