Web jelly

Rik Palm

From here it looks like you got the roll welded up sans inclusions, Rik. Nicely done. If you have any fotos of the intermediate stages of rolling, that would be cool to show, I think.

How will you proceed? Are you going to continue to draw and stack to get a multi-roll billet, or use this for bolsters, jewelry, etc?

Thanks for sharing. I'm really inspired by your work.

Sorry for the delay,

Janel, One of my friends wants to slice it like bread and use them for buttons.

katfen, Don, has a great page on welding on his site, Don taught ME! He has some of the most wonderful patterns ever done. Don invented the "W" pattern.

fitzo, I was happy to see that it welded up cleanly. I was going to fold it 5 times and then twist, but I think I'm going to use it for bolsters right now. I might also hammer out a small knife with it too. I didn't get any of me rolling it up. I started the roll by bending it in a vise and then hammering it around the center. I used the anvils cutting shelf to rest the free end up against so that it went easier but when the free end got to short I welded the handle on and then finished the rolling.

Rik

Rik, I don't know if this would be any benefit, but I've seen Harley roll up a jellyroll with a mungo pair of Channellocks. It looked easy, but then that mountain man is stronger than a gorilla...... :)

Folded and twisted would have been a VERY interesting pattern...

Thanks for the explanation. I've got a few shots showing a crushed w's and the accordian layout and cutting that I can try and dig up to show how mosaics are opened if anyone who doesn't make this stuff might be interested....

fitzo, Larry has huge arms!

I was kinda suprised at how much effort it took. I was being careful on how tight I rolled it.

yes, please post the pics if you can. I've done the accordian before on the "w" and it work good.

I'll try to take more pics as I go

Rik

Archived