Introducing Carol Carter-Wientjes

Carol Carter-Wientjes

Hello All,

While googling for Hans Meevis (love your work Hans! and your sense of humor) to find his aqua carving tutorial for some polishing pointers, along the way I happily stumbled upon The Carving Path forum. I did a first few hard stone carvings about 4-5 years ago shortly after getting some cabbing under my belt and needed something much more challenging and aggravating to do B) Since then, have carved a few stone rings, designer art beads, and recently began doing some pendant pieces with faceted stones incorporated into them to add a little more sparkle. I have a day job so don't have to worry about starving while having fun doing this. And yes, the aqua carving came out nicely with some help from Hans' tutuorial and mini maple polishing wheels. Got to carve those too!

This probably belongs in the Show & Tell section but thought I should introduce a recent carving too, a carnelian flower inlaid with a Malaya garnet. Thanks to an ugly spot (where the Malaya is positioned) in the carnelian slab that I had to drill out first, then stood back, scratched my head & thought Well now what to do with it? this flower took shape. The next carnelian slab from the same nodule had 2 inclusions to deal with so things got even more interesting/challenging with that one.....can show & tell that one later if anyone would like to see it too.

There are some INCREDIBLE artists on this forum!!

Thanks for letting me join in, Carol Carter-Wientjes in New Orleans, LA

post-1677-1198955509.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Path - love the flower; any chance we can see some other angles of it? it looks beautiful...

Hi Seansiem,

Thank you and here's the only other pic I took at a bit of an angle. Maybe you can see a little better how much contour there really is from this pic? The tube set garnet is actually sunken deeper into the hole than you can probably tell from the frontal shot.

post-1677-1199027391.jpg

Archived