Mother of pearl supplier sought

Guest ford hallam

Guest ford hallam

Hi all,

does anyone know of a reputable supplier of mother of pearl? I'm specifically looking for some black lip material and need a 4mm thickness but only quite small diameter of about 5mm.

thanks,Ford

I second that recommendation. I've orderd a couple of times from him in the past (including black lip) and he's always been very helpful with custom sizes and thicknesses. I'm sure he'd be selective in finding just the right piece for you.

also, email me offline- I might have what you need.

-Doug

Guest ford hallam

That's a great response, thanks Dan, Doug and Karl. I knew I could count on the trusty tcp gang to deliver the goods.

I think I need to order a good selection of materials from this supplier in the USA ( amazing selection ) as I need some mammoth and cow horn too.

Thanks again gents.

Namaste, Ford

p.s. I'll pm you anon Doug, thanks for the offer :angry:

Hi again,

I renewed my A.S.I.A. membership (Assn. of Stringed Instrument Artisans) today, and coincidentally, the man who I talked with runs Custom Pearl Inlay (has been doing inlays on Martin Guitars for 40 years). He has scraps of black lip pearl, and of "black pin", which is the darkest variety of pearl.

His name is David Nichols, and his phone number is on the website: http://www.custompearlinlay.com/

Regards,

Will

Archived