My Carvings

Lonnie Jones

Do you have photo editing software? This post will have the guidelines to follow for size: http://www.thecarvingpath.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1295

I also suggest that with any web photo that has useless background that takes up memory, that the significant portion of the photo be selected and the useless background be deleted. Saves memory and gives more room in the 640 x 480 pixel dimension (suggested range) for the carving to be shown.

Janel

Do you have photo editing software? This post will have the guidelines to follow for size: http://www.thecarvingpath.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1295

I also suggest that with any web photo that has useless background that takes up memory, that the significant portion of the photo be selected and the useless background be deleted. Saves memory and gives more room in the 640 x 480 pixel dimension (suggested range) for the carving to be shown.

Janel

:blink: I'm sorry Janel, I don't currently have photo editing software, in the future I'll try to get my photos within the suggested range.

Lonnie

Excellent photo editing for size! Thank you very much!

I enjoy your gestural, caricature carving. Have you continued to carve since that class? For the amount of time that I spend on my carvings, I have wondered about going to such a class, without revealing my experience, and see what I could learn about such a different approach. It would be fun, I think!

Janel

Excellent photo editing for size! Thank you very much!

I enjoy your gestural, caricature carving. Have you continued to carve since that class? For the amount of time that I spend on my carvings, I have wondered about going to such a class, without revealing my experience, and see what I could learn about such a different approach. It would be fun, I think!

Janel

I do still carve alot, I volunteer to teach at a local senior center once a week and I enjoy it alot. I would encourage to take a class it is really a fun experience. In fact Ivan Willock and Marv Kaisersatt live in the same state you do and they both teach, I think you would enjoy either one of their classes.

Lonnie

Hi Lonnie, hi all the people. Your work is very "sympathique" , i like it. You are a good carver , with "une bonne dose d'humour". I hope we will see other sculpture. Thank's.

Hi Sergio, Thank you for your kind words, I checked your website and your work is amazing, My hats off to you sir, I will try to post more of my most recent work.

Lonnie

Thanks for the carver's names. I would like to cross paths with them sometime.

Some years back, someone found my name, Janel, on the internet, and asked about Emil Janel, really his last name. I then found that the Swedish Museum in Minneapolis was showing a collection of his work, and went to see it. Fascinating! He was prolific and immensely skilled. The building was beautiful too.

I am having a quick look at your site Lonnie, you have been busy! Are your faces based on real people you know?

Janel

Thanks for the carver's names. I would like to cross paths with them sometime.

Some years back, someone found my name, Janel, on the internet, and asked about Emil Janel, really his last name. I then found that the Swedish Museum in Minneapolis was showing a collection of his work, and went to see it. Fascinating! He was prolific and immensely skilled. The building was beautiful too.

I am having a quick look at your site Lonnie, you have been busy! Are your faces based on real people you know?

Janel

Some are commisioned work, and some are from my imagination :rolleyes:

Archived