Hi from Israeli

Amanda

Hi everyone!

My name is Amanda.

Born and raised in South Africa, I attended the Art, ballet and drama school of Johannesburg. I have always dabbled in various art forms, finding a special love for pottery and sculpture from a young age.

At 19 I immigrated alone to Israel. The desire to work with my hands, coupled with the need to find a practical way to support myself lead me to studying Dental Technology. I worked in a dental lab for several years, but the yearning to return to art and self-expression was always there.

All through the years I experimented with various art forms: everything from pencil sketching, oil painting, origami, beading, decoupage, sewing, T-shirt decorating … I find inspiration all around me. Today I have a small jewelry making business - I pride myself on making custom pieces to meet each woman's individual needs. I have more recently become totally intrigued by kumihimo, most particularly when done with beads. (That is how I found my way to this website).

I'm really looking forwards to getting to know you and seeing what wonderful things you're getting up to.

Regards

AmandaB037turq1.jpg

Welcome to The Carving Path Amanda. Have you also done some carving or have an interest in it? There is much to learn from the archives, and some good topics about kumihimo also. Thank you for the photo of what you are doing now.

Janel

Hi Janel,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. You have a really special web site and I am delighted to have found you all!!!

I have always loved 3D art work - loved pottery and sculpture since my childhood.

While I essentially work in jewelry design, I feel that one has to keep an open mind, in order to develop and grow.

If I happen to walk on the beach and see a pebble I like .. and the mood strikes me I would carve and shape it... maybe convert the pebble into a small sleeping puppy rolled in a sort of ball, or carve a word or symbol into the pebble, and then bring it into my jewelry, as a focal.

Have a good weekend :-)

Welcome to The Carving Path Amanda. Have you also done some carving or have an interest in it? There is much to learn from the archives, and some good topics about kumihimo also. Thank you for the photo of what you are doing now.

Janel

Archived