Hello from Japan !

Ataru Maeda

Hello, everyone. My name is Ataru, Netsuke artist living in Japan.

My personal history is written inside my following Blog, so, If you are interested about me, please visit there.

http://atarunetsuke.blogspot.com/

Cause, I'm not a native English speaker, there might be some odd expressions inside my sentences. So, when you could not make sense about what I've wrote, please, ask me at ease.

I feel so glad, that you foreigners (sorry to use this word) are respecting our country's particular arts. And I'm also respecting your individual works. I can mention about techniques what we are using in Japan at now, and it's magnificent to know about what you newly invented. Anyhow, thanks a lot and YOROSHIKU !

Guest Clive

Hello Ataru,

Welcome

I liked your blog.. in particular your thoughts on working stag antler... a bit like "a game of chicken", I know precisely what you mean!.. but hey!!... what else but try climb the highest mountains. Its an achievement to even try.

Regards

Clive

Hello ! Janel, with your kindness support, I would contribute to this forum as much as I can.

Thank you for all !

Hello ! Clive, thank you for visiting my Blog. Stag Antler is so hard to carve, but I love it ! It is so hard to climb up, but further, to descend... ;)

regards,

Ataru

Hello and Welcome,

I am glad to see that you are interested in what we are doing with a traditionally Japanese artform. I hope we have not shown disrespect for it.

I, like others I am sure, are interested in your coloring, the lizard on the snail, such beautiful colors, where do they come from?

again -welcome.

Kindest Regards,

Debbie

Shalom Ataru,

Your work really is special and very interesting!!!! What a pleasure to meet you. I am also very new to this site.

I would like to ask you if you ever did any kumihimo work at all? I have recently become interested in it.

Kind regards

Amanda

Hi ! all of you ;) Thank you for your reply. Best regards to you all.

Debbie,

Hello, thank you for visiting my Blog. I almost use YASHA liquid to dye my works. That Lizard is as same, dyed by using YASHA. The black part of it, I painted an acid to rust it. This technique is an usual one in Japan.

Amanda,

Shalom, I'm also glad to see you. Sorry but, I've ever worked on KUMIHIMO. My friend does it. It's beautiful and also respectable work of our country. If you wanna watch Japanese page, click following address please.

http://www.d1.dion.ne.jp/~rie55rie/kumihimo/kumihimo.htm

Regards,

Ataru :D

Thanks so much Ataru!

I will certainly have a look!

regards

Amanda

Amanda,

Shalom, I'm also glad to see you. Sorry but, I've ever worked on KUMIHIMO. My friend does it. It's beautiful and also respectable work of our country. If you wanna watch Japanese page, click following address please.

http://www.d1.dion.ne.jp/~rie55rie/kumihimo/kumihimo.htm

Regards,

Ataru ;)

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, thank you so much and sorry for my too late reply.

About my NETSUKE "Lizard", that photo is the only one that I have and at now I don't know who's the owner of this work. I usually don't take photo of my works so I'm trying to be careful to do so these days.

Seriously, I think that work is not so good one to be worth mentioning so please keep your eyes on others...

If you are interested to my YASHA method, I can reply to you what I'm doing now at the topic in below.

http://www.thecarvingpath.net/forum/index....ic=532&st=0

Regards,

Ataru

Hello Ataru,

Your netsuke are very beautiful. My favorite is "coming out of the well." I am very happy you are a member here at TCP and share your art.

I am sansei and embarassed to say I do not speak any Japanese, so thank you learning my language and sharing your knowledge and experience through the posts.

Archived