Hi from Canada

Barb Loerchner

Hi everyone,

I am a knife maker, part time but am looking to go full time. I am headed in the art knife direction. I have the blessing of being trained by Wolfe Loechner for those of you that know the knife world. I have limited knowledge of metal work at this point working only with 440C and 416 stainless. I have no engraving experience. I have worked with ivory. wood and mother of pearl all my carving is done with files. I am looking to expand my skills. I have always loved Jim Kelso's work with knives and would love to learn more about the techniques on this forum. I will post pictures a little later or you can google me. Please be patient I also have no forum experience!!!!

Hi Barb,

Welcome from one knife maker to another. I'm not a proffesional, but I do enjoy making them. I usually use deer antler for the handles and carve or scrimshaw the handle. You may also want to check out some of the guys here that make knives. They do some beautiful work. (don't tell them I said so)

Thank you Janel. I think I will really enjoy myself here. I checked out your website, Wow I hope to some day carve with a fraction of your depth of life and beauty!

Don, it is wonderful to see all the other knife makers here. I have been hovering around this site for awhile and was very exited at what I have seen.

Guest DFogg

Hi Barb,

Wolf is one of my favorite makers so you have a great teacher. I googled you and it seems you have learned well. Nice to see you here.

Don Fogg

Hi Barb,

Wolf is one of my favorite makers so you have a great teacher. I googled you and it seems you have learned well. Nice to see you here.

Don Fogg

Hi Don

Thanks for the welcome. I have been following your work for some time and am an admirer. Wolf is gifted, I am very blessed to be learning from him. I am hoping to combine his modern fluid lines with the elements of nature. I think the contrast will work well and offer me my own style. So much to learn!

Archived