Is anyone else carving something these days?

Starting on new forum by showing work in progress pictures can be dangerous but I'll bite the bullet... ;)

I was asked to give a demonstration with Arbortech tools at local retailers "spring days" -happening and I thought I would like to have something not that ordinary with me as a "business card". Thats how it started and rest is history, also future for a while...

th_LastPieceworkinprogress.jpg

(click for bigger image). There is and will be more additional more detailed shots in my grand new blog also.

Take care,

Petteri

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

I hesitate to post my "work" since it is very amateurish compared to much I've seen here at TCP. Still, I do the best I can so I hope you will be tolerant.

The carving is a totem in apricot wood. It is 8 1/2" tall.

The second photo shows the "small carving" 1/2" ear I am working on with a micro blade I made. That's what qualifies it for small carvings. LOL!

I forgot to mention I have been at this one for 9 months, though not exclusively.

Hopefully, others of you will post some photos of less than perfect work to inspire me and help me to improve.

post-1770-1211910226.jpg

post-1770-1211910244.jpg