Excellent work!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I can't even comprehend (s/p?) the amount of thought that has to go into acheiving this not to mention the works itself.

It is truly regretable that the worlds peoples cannot find more time for examples of great creations as this rather than fall into the disorder that we find ourselves in.

Vjacheslav this is admireable beyond words. At least for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
As I understand life, this work should not be possible in the dimension we live in. Brilliant!

Hans

??.. Hans.. this work is possible and has been executed many thousands of times in China over the last 600 years. While I in no way wish to undermine the praise lavished on this piece.. I would encourage other carvers to at least try to figure out the basic technique used in its construction. Its skillful but not magic.. unfortunately... and therefore raises the question what the purpose of the piece actually is? What type of response is it essentially designed to elicit?

I think its like the difference between watching a supremely talented violinist performing and a magician pulling rabbits out of a hat.. while both have the power to entertain and amaze.. I'd suggest the former is the greater accomplishment.

I would encourage other carvers to at least try to figure out the basic technique used in its construction. Its skillful but not magic.. unfortunately...

That is unfortunate, because magic is the best explanation I have. I'll leave it to the pros to figure this one out! :unsure: I understand though, calling it "magic" undermines the greatness of the accomplishment. But... it's also a bit of a compliment. No?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am new to this forum, and dont know much about carving ivory, as I am a glass carver. However, would have an idea as to how long and the technique that would have gone into this beautiful piece of work.

Congratulations on being able to achieve this.

• 3 weeks later...