I love tanukis 2

Hako

second time this afternoon.

I like this picture, that I called " Give me five"

The two friends look like tanukis, but they are moles. One in boxwood and the other in ebony. Eyes of horn.

They are somewhat in the styl of the Tsu-school of netsukecarving, but they never did moles I think.

My love for this undergroundfellows comes from " Wind in the Willows" , which was written by Kenneth Graham in the

thirties. I carved some cameonetsuke of the toad, mole and the badger in this story.

I think it´s a good idea to do some literaturenetsuke. So I made a Gollum and what I like , a Captain Silver from

the treasure island.

Will send pictures of them soon

Greatings from Germany Hapost-1743-1207418628.jpg

• 3 months later...
second time this afternoon.

I like this picture, that I called " Give me five"

The two friends look like tanukis, but they are moles. One in boxwood and the other in ebony. Eyes of horn.

They are somewhat in the styl of the Tsu-school of netsukecarving, but they never did moles I think.

My love for this undergroundfellows comes from " Wind in the Willows" , which was written by Kenneth Graham in the

thirties. I carved some cameonetsuke of the toad, mole and the badger in this story.

I think it´s a good idea to do some literaturenetsuke. So I made a Gollum and what I like , a Captain Silver from

the treasure island.

Will send pictures of them soon

Greatings from Germany Hapost-1743-1207418628.jpg

As a lover of that book as a child, I'd love to see your Wind In The Willows carving.

LJ

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dreamingdragon and StixnCanes

I`very glad to see someone looking at my pictures. Will send some Wind in the Willows pictures soon.

You can see a Capt´n Silver piece in the Carving Path, it´s also in there since a long lonesome time.

Thankyou Hako

Just a badger from Stagshorn. (Kaliumpermanganatcolor)

post-1743-1216930023.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hello Dreamingdragon and StixnCanes

I`very glad to see someone looking at my pictures. Will send some Wind in the Willows pictures soon.

You can see a Capt´n Silver piece in the Carving Path, it´s also in there since a long lonesome time.

Thankyou Hako

Just a badger from Stagshorn. (Kaliumpermanganatcolor)

post-1743-1216930023.jpg

Hello, Hako .... Nice badger! I do a bit of antler carving ... mostly trachtenschmuck for our tracht's joppe. Do you have other such carvings? I have not seen a badger done on a crown before. (then again .. I'm new here! :))

Dennis

Archived