Finally a new start

Guest DFogg

Guest DFogg

I have been diverted for the past couple of months and not been able to start a new carving project, but this weekend I began a new handle.

11939847_be7e4b1eec_o.jpg

It was total immersion this weekend and I am hopeful to make good progress on this piece.

What is on your bench?

You are a tease!

You have showed us the tool and the dust!!! I look forward to seeing the handle!

Janel

:D

Ooops. Jim pointed out that there is a block of wood there and now I see it. My face is red! I hadn't had my tea yet before 5:30 AM. Sorry.

It is exciting to be starting a new piece!

J

Guest DFogg

I got a chance to work this weekend and got the front band defined and close on the second, but had to set it aside to work on other things. Hopefully will get back to it this weekend.

12320455_747ff17ad6_o.jpg

I know Jim has a nice piece going. Hope he will post progress pictures. Hint.

It's nice to be wanted. :) I was going to wait until it was finished but I'll start a thread this week end. It's really going slowly. :P

Like Don says, I know there are some of you lurking out there with work on the bench. Can't we see please?

I'm still fiddling with piano keys, got them inlayed in the ebony..

and the two images are not meant of course to be together, but there seems to be a lot going on.

So much can be said with just a few strokes of the blade,

And of course the twisted mind of the craftsman.

Janel thanks so much for your help and advise with my lame photographic skills, they are improving,albeit slow.post-8-1115300122.jpg

Ray

Archived