Hello Everyone

Larry Robertson

Basically I'm a retired hobbiest. My hobbies include, woodcarving, woodturning, furniture, and photography (and probably the most time consuming - cruising the net). After 30 years in a hazardous chemical plant (20 in the lab and 10 in production) I'm looking for a niche. As a graduate of a furniture program from a technical college (I know; chemical plant; go figure) I taught beginning woodworking back at the college for a couple years after I retired. I also bought a woodlathe as a retirement gift and it proved to be an addictive distraction. Now I'm just getting back to carving with some caricatures to regain the use of the tools. My plan is to work into songbirds and floral reliefs. By the way I've done a little inlay and think I'd enjoy marquetry. Another distraction is digital photography; just bought a Canon G6 and am trying to master it. I would like to get some study shots of local birds and blooms. I've been selling some carved and turned pieces at the Windsor Woodcarving Museum (Windsor, Ontario, Canada) and at a local shop. Anyway most of what I do is to improve my skills and for pure enjoyment. When I grow up I want to find a way to combine all these interests so that they complement each other instead of distracting. So far I haven't found the formula.

Please take a look at my online photo albums at:

http://www.picturetrail.com/workinginwood

Larry

Colchester, Ontario, Canada

Guest DFogg

I love chip carving, but have never tried it. Welcome aboard Larry, I would love to see your chip carving setup and tools.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived