Hello! :D

There is my newest netsuke, Haru-ko, carved from walrus tusk, the size is 4.8 cm.

Rose-Urushi: hair, make-up;

Burning needle: the ornament of kimono, the basket;

Walnut ink: uncomfortable for the burning device places.

Three small petals carved from pink coral!

post-215-1210618781.jpg

post-215-1210618804.jpg

post-215-1210618825.jpg

post-215-1210618851.jpg

post-215-1210618868.jpg

Hello! :D

There is my newest netsuke, Haru-ko, carved from walrus tusk, the size is 4.8 cm.

Absolutely beautiful and my mother's name.

Hello Ron!

Thank You for your compliment! Could your name be Aki-ro? :D Your sticks are very nice! :) I made a headle for a stick several years ago! It was very interesting work! :)

Hi Lonnie, thank You! I've spend about 90 hours on the whole work, carving, polishing and coloring.

Thank You, Mike! :D

Thank You, Jim! The story is so, the collector has asked me to carve a small Japanese girl about 5-7 years old, I've done three drafts. He selected this, a girl sitting in a basket. She had no name then. I asked Ataru Maeda and Bradford Blackely to help me with trafditional Japanese names, they were very kind with me, this netsuke was called Haru-ko! Her name means "a girl born in spring". I've added three tiny petals, one is on her hair, other two are in the basket. Yesterday she became the first netsuke in his collection! :) I'm so happy!

• 2 weeks later...

Your Haru-ko Netsuke is an absolutely impressive creation ! Bravissimo !!!

I very like the express of her face and the play between the eyes and hands on the basket work

.......also the contrasts of the colours.

You are an extraordinary talented carver in creating different styles.......where are the borders for your skill ?

Thank You !

Cornel

• 1 month later...
Hello! :lol:

Amazing! I love the translucency of the tusk it makes the face look pale and luminescent almost angelic totally awesome work!

Gratz Natasha!! 90 hours very well spent, how long have you been doing this kind of carving for?

Sam.

P.S. I hope you don't mind but I always save your work to my hard drive for inspiration and reference :rolleyes: