new member engraver carver

post-2-1210962864.jpg

Just joined this site, I have been a glass engraver for 26 years as a professional, first starting as a self taught hobbie about 34 years ago (good god thats a lifetime ago now ) I engrave crystal glass and optical crystal very deeply using a dentist drill, I say engraving but it is more like carving because of the depth of the cutting . here is a piece of my work

Hello Glassartist!

It is so wonderful work, done so perfect! Please, tell me more about size, maybe a photo of the reverse side. I'll be happy to see more of your works!

My low bow to You!

the piece is a 8 inch circle of float glass engraved deeply both sides to give a 3D effect and also cut into the edge at the tail, this one is done in the same way but more cut into the edge

post-2-1210962258.jpg

Hi glassartist,

Welcome to The Carving Path! Would you be willing to write a little bit about how you carve the glass? I am wondering if you use water and a slow drill speed, or other combination of techniques. How hard is the crystal glass? Got a photo of your studio, while you are at work?

I can only imagine how much more the depth shows when seeing these pieces in real life. Thanks for sharing the photos with us!

Janel

• 6 years later...

Archived