Sign in to follow this  
laurent GERDIL

Hello from France

I discovered your forum through gregory ! And it's a very big pleasure to participate in this illustrious assembly! :rolleyes:

I read to you for some months, but my English being very miserable, so it is a challenge to write here!! ....And a question of time! So I would not thus be very talkative, regrettably!! :blush:

I'm 38 years hold and I live at the edge of the léman lake,

I am a woodcarver for 17 years and on ivory for 1 year. I work in all the dimentions with a preference for the small scale , and cutlery

I would post some pictures as soon as I would have understood the functioning!

But you can see my work on my Web site : http:laurent.gerdil.fr

Thank you very much to Janel for this wonderful forum!!!

And a particular salute to my French friends! :P

Welcome Laurent Gerdil!

Thank you for introducing yourself. I look forward to your participation here on the forum. The effort you make to use English is appreciated, and you use English very well. Thank you for the link to your web site as well.

Janel

I discovered your forum through gregory ! And it's a very big pleasure to participate in this illustrious assembly! :rolleyes:

I read to you for some months, but my English being very miserable, so it is a challenge to write here!! ....And a question of time! So I would not thus be very talkative, regrettably!! :blush:

I'm 38 years hold and I live at the edge of the léman lake,

I am a woodcarver for 17 years and on ivory for 1 year. I work in all the dimentions with a preference for the small scale , and cutlery

I would post some pictures as soon as I would have understood the functioning!

But you can see my work on my Web site : http:laurent.gerdil.fr

Thank you very much to Janel for this wonderful forum!!!

And a particular salute to my French friends! :P

Welcome Laurent,

I visited your website. I love how your artistry adorns utilitarian objects. The knives beg to be handled and used as well as admired.

Your humor is evident on the "stalking" frog folding knife. Thank you.

Tom Finneran

P.S. Check out his website all, this fellow is quite prolific.

Thank you very much, janel! It is with pleasure that I joined you!

Tim, I am very happy that my work (and my wink :rolleyes: ) please you ! I like to turn away a subject occasianally

The hardest, is to keep the handle usable!

Tanks a lot !!

Hi Laurent,

I am new to the forum as well. So welcome from me. Your work is wonderful. What wood do you mainly use?

Kind Regards

Davey

Thank you very much mike! Very happy that you appreciate my work!!!

Thanks to you too Davey, I use mainly the boxwood for all the fine works! I also like the ebony or the olive tree, but it is less homogeneous ! :blush:

Hello Laurent,

Welcome to TCP. I enjoyed seeing all of your beautiful carvings and the unique way in which you combine your artistic designs with the metal work on your knife blades. The way the tang buries itself into the handles of the folding knives is an approach I have not seen before. I like it.

As for your English, I am always impressed when someone reaches out in a language other than their own. I am limited and confined to only one and am ashamed to say I cannot even speak the language of my parents, Japanese. Thank you for sharing.

hi Sixtcanes!

Thank you very much for your compliments!

When , in english ,thank you very much the english translations online! :P Without which it would be much harder, Though

my 6 years of English classes! :blush: I have unfortunately, no opportunity to practice! Fortunately there is carving path, now!

Congratulation for your website!! Beautiful works

Who is laurent Gerdil?... a "Savoyard"...

post-512-1179090859.jpg

a " Savoyard" is a man who eats "roblochon" and who lives in the "Alps"...

welcome guy

a+

jct