Enduring Vision Award

Janel

Yiipppiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh !!!

Congratulation Janel, such great news !

You are one of the rare artists wich get such an attention and honour while You still alive !

What an extraordinary milestone, after 25 years creating art ! Bravo !!!!

Cheers to our Forum-Master ! :blush:

My best wishes to You,

Cornel

Thank you for your good and happy words! I have actually been working at it 36 years this year. The foundation emphasizes that this is not a life time achievement award at the end of one's career, but one that will sustain the mature artists for more good years of growth and discovery. That is what I hope and plan to do, to continue to search, learn and grow, and to be here to help others to learn and grow as well.

I have been waiting, and now really will be able to do the things I have only been able to imagine. It will take time, and that is the beauty of the distribution of the award. Five years of modest income replacement from having to make a few pieces, and of having to sell them, in which I will be able to acquire the tools, materials, and training for some of the skills I have imagined including in the work I hope to be approaching the doing of in the future. I also have archives of slides, written records for what pieces I have made, boxes of porcelain and some pots from earlier times, all needing to be recognized and handled in various ways. And one of the most exciting things, I will be able to make the journeys I have only dreamed of before this. It is also a serious responsibility, but I am looking forward to it.

Over the next several years, I will be able to work, learn and grow with this good help. I am very thankful, and am immensely honored to have been selected for this first time ever Bush Foundation Enduring Vision Award.

----------

The Bush Foundation has supported individuals for more than 30 years in the Medical field, in Leadership roles, and in the Arts.

In 1953, Archibald Granville Bush, chairman of the executive committee of the 3M Company, and his wife, Edyth Bassler Bush, brought their many giving efforts into focus by establishing the Bush Foundation. Please click here to learn more about this remarkable foundation.

The Bush Fellows area of the Bush Foundation web site is actively undergoing an overhaul, so periodically in the near future, it will be temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a while if you find "not found" or an error message. Great new information about the whole Fellows program is being added, with information about the individual recipients over the past many decades. It does work most of the time.

Janel

Hello Janel,

Congratulations to you for such a prestigious award and recognition by your peers and the art community. I thought I was impressed by your outstanding, all around talents before this. I hope I'm reading in this a future trip to Japan for some studying, or maybe teaching.

God bless you.

I hope to visit netsuke-shi, Japanese netsuke carvers, and travel to various areas of interest. I would like to see the area where the Iwami carvers lived and worked. I would very much like to see where carvers work and to see their tools in action, if they would allow it to be seen. I would also like to see where their boxwood grows.

There is much to figure out before then!

Janel

Hello dear Janel! :blush:

My the most best congratulations to You!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for You! You have deserved it! Your creation always were made with so great love, skill and they inspired everyone! They will inspire all for many many years!

My air kisses to You!

June 10, 2008

The Bush Foundation today announced the first three recipients of its Enduring Vision Awards, focused on propelling the artistic investigations of mature artists.

Click here, please, to read a news release containing good news about Janel Jacobson!

Janel,

How wonderful for you, Congratulations!! Good People + Good Works = Good Karma

Sincerely,

Tom

• 5 months later...

Archived