a new ring

sergio

Thanks everybody. I just carve a ring of wax has to sculpture, and a jeweler makes a cast iron has lost wax, directly in silver. At the end, i give a patina to the ring. On the photo, you can see two rings of wax has to sculpture and my favorite tool.

post-683-1213981649.jpg

• 1 month later...
I try to make a new ring with japanese style. It weighs about 30 g . It's silver with some gold plated on the water lily.

Cool ring, a tad heavy for casual wear though. What are the dimensions its hard to tell in some pictures, also what tool is that? A chisel of some kind?

Sam.

Hi Sergio

reading in the carvingpath, I found your beautiful ring. With these engravingtools I carve all my netsuke. I sharpened them

to carve on the right and on the left side, so with the two I can always carve with the grain.

I like multicolored metall especially with figural themes. I have to do it for the goldsmith I´m working for.

Here is a Tanuki teekettlenetsuke with silvertop and rings. Kettle is of iron.

a pirat I did wit a coral from Tibet silverring goldearring, the head is of iron

I made the pieces of wax , as you do. Your work is very precise and lively. I like it very much.

aloa Haraldpost-1743-1217237166.jpgpost-1743-1217237201.jpg

Thank you Harald, i like your work to. I think we are near in the spirit of carving. I like to carve skull and dragon, and your skull is very nice. You work on different supports, what do you prefer ? Have you carve ivory ?

hi Sergio

it seems our carvings are getting wilder, this head of an ORK I made three years ago.

Its stagshorn with a heavy missgrowing (?). It looked like a brain so I carved an ugly Ork with two swordcuts on the back

one cordhole is square, as if an arrow or so has struck him.

Its my personal horrornetsuke.

But I like flowers and chubby animals more.

In a hurry, Haraldpost-1743-1217350166.jpg

Archived