Sign in to follow this  
Natasha

Natasha's Ryusa

Hello every one

A week ago I finished the newest Ryusa style netsuke, it was carved from mammoth tusk and colored with Yashabushi and Walnut ink, its size is 2 inches across.

It was the most scrupulous work which I had never carved before. I was inspired by an antique Japanese masterpiece published in the INS journal Winter 2007. :rolleyes:

post-215-1214556630.jpg

post-215-1214556644.jpg

post-215-1214556689.jpg

post-215-1214556700.jpg

post-215-1214556708.jpg

post-215-1214556720.jpg

post-215-1214556728.jpg

post-215-1214556735.jpg

Hello Natasha,

Thank you so much for posting such a beautiful piece. The detailing is absolutely amazing and the whole impact of the scene, people in a bamboo grove, is completely believeable. I stood in a bamboo forest in Japan and that is exactly the feeling I had looking at your Ryusa. Magnificent.

Holy smokes! Incredible work Natasha! If you scale it down to actual size it is even more remarkable.

Thanks very much for sharing.

Jim

Dear Ryusa-Queen!

What an amazing composition.......and the whole story carved into a diameter of 5 cm.......

Its an absolutely crazy piece, if I imagine whats behind.......... !

Thanks for sharing this small, beautyful wonder with us !!!

Cornel

Dear Natasha

you are juste incredible, in french: " argh!...."

a+

jct

and Thank you for sharing...

Hi jct, thank You! :)

Hi Donn! Thank You! I've just visited your site, your work is amazing, so perfect shapes and very special style! I only try to imagine how difficult and long to work with Jade! :rolleyes:

Hello every one

A week ago I finished the newest Ryusa style netsuke, it was carved from mammoth tusk and colored with Yashabushi and Walnut ink, its size is 2 inches across.

It was the most scrupulous work which I had never carved before. I was inspired by an antique Japanese masterpiece published in the INS journal Winter 2007. :(

Simply Breathtaking Natasha, The most Minute detailsdone here with confidence.

Thank You

Benzart

Hello every one

It was the most scrupulous work which I had never carved before. I was inspired by an antique Japanese masterpiece published in the INS journal Winter 2007. :blink:

Unbelievable!! Your carving has inspired me to try some figure base relief. How long were you at carving this masterful work?

Sam.

Hello Sam!

Thank You for your compliment! ;)

I've spent on this Ryusa about 200 hours. Are You going to spend the same time! ;)

A real netsuke - tenical perfect as your work always is, but -

what´s more , the owner can livewith the piece, let his fingers and eyes have a walk outside and inside the piece every

day and it´s always something to discover.

Wonderful. Hako