persian falcon dagger

i haven't posted in a while, but here's a new blade i'm just finishing up. 8" double edged blade of clay hardened 1080 steel, with carved massur birch scales. the scales have a single coat of danish oil at the moment, just to protect them a little, and will get a few more coats once they're glued to the tang and finish sanded.

post-1686-1216255203.jpg

post-1686-1216255247.jpg

the carving is nothing compared to most of the work i see on this site, but i'm pretty pleased with how it fits with the blade.

i haven't posted in a while, but here's a new blade i'm just finishing up. 8" double edged blade of clay hardened 1080 steel, with carved massur birch scales. the scales have a single coat of danish oil at the moment, just to protect them a little, and will get a few more coats once they're glued to the tang and finish sanded.

post-1686-1216255203.jpg

post-1686-1216255247.jpg

the carving is nothing compared to most of the work i see on this site, but i'm pretty pleased with how it fits with the blade.

Hi Jake,

I like the blade design and the eagle/hawk design is very different and very nicely carved.

Thank you.

Archived