Old member with a new Website

Dick Bonham

Hi, I have been a member of "The Carving Path" since the beginning. Sorry to say I haven't been contributing much or doing any new work since I had an accident several months ago (a very big dog on an expandable leash) which caused some massive tears to my shoulder. I had surgery two weeks ago and am on the road to recovery. I have managed to have a website built during my down time. There is a lot of varied sculpture displayed. I have also posted a few demonstrations you might find useful. I hope to be back to work in a couple of months and have some new pieces to share. Dick The website is www.erbonham.com

Dick, I am so happy you are doing better, and please listen to the doctor and don't push yourself, take your time getting better. At our age we don't heal as fast as we did when we were bulletproof.

I looked at your website, it looks great, it almost makes you look professional (ha ha ha)! No, we all know your are a fine professional, and a wonderful artist. Your website is almost good enough for you. I love your small metal sculptures, I wish I had a small collection of them. Your minature arms are awsome. When I was a kid I tried to make rifles and shotguns, I wasn't to bad at accuracy either. Someday I would love to see your studio (and you also). I just wonder how you are set up to do your work that is so simular to mine and your studio seems so organized and mine is a mess.

I might as well tell you my great adventure with a friends hybird wolf that I have been friends with for a couple of years. I was just scratching behind his ear while he was sitting in the SUV, something set him off and I had 100 pounds of hairy wolf attached to my forearm by a couple of very large canines imbedded in the muscle. 3 weeks ago, 7 stitches latter I still don't know what else it is going to take to get my arm back to the point I will be able to work like I did. It is my right arm and I have found wrapping in coban helps with the pain and lack of strength. Here's a picture:

post-1659-1219584374.jpg

Hi Jim and Debbie,

Thanks Jim. I asked the designer to look at your site for inspiration. I tried to build the site myself and even bought Dreamweaver CS3. I became so overwhelmed and lost trying to learn the program I finally gave up and had Summit Design Studio design the site.

Debbie, I am very sorry to hear about your accident with the hybrid wolf. I met one at a visit to our Vets and was amazed at his size. What a nasty bite! You have to follow the same advice you gave me. Take it slow and easy with a lot of physical therapy. Time and PT should make you as good as new. In regards to my studio. Check out the pictures I posted of the "work in progress" on TCP and you will see what a mess I make while working. I do clean up after every piece I make, but while I am working....

Dick

www.erbonham.com

Dick,

I can't seem to find any pictures of your studio. I will be updating my pictures today, my studio has changed so much it might look disorganized but actually it is very organized now.

I am very glad you are getting better and are you back sculpting or are you drawing, what are you doing while you heal?

Regards,

Debbie

• 2 months later...

Dick and Debbie

I sincerely hope that by now you both fit and well again. As for a mess of a studio/workroom, neither of you would win a prize compared to mine which is being used as a store room cum tool store at present.

Thanks for the pics though

James

Archived