Blue tailed Skink

Don Barnhill

Dick,

I was more wondering if you live near a marsh site heavy forest of what allows for such a lively critter population. I would go crazy with my cameras, both digital and 35mm. I have lenses for my 35mm that would allow me to get some awsome pictures, I just would never get to the Carolinas but I may be making a trip to Georgia next year driving so it might behoove me to make a side trip.

What kind of countryside you got there?

Debbie

Debbie,

My property borders on a creek and is heavily forested. I see White tailed deer, squirrel, racoon, possum, fox, a large variety of birds right outside my back door. The Anoles live all around my house as do the Skinks and green treefrogs. It is not uncommon to see a variety of ducks, Heron and Egret in the creek. Also there are many different species of snakes.

I have been trying to learn how to use my Pentax SLR, 35mm and my Kodiak digital camera. I am lusting after a digital SLR.

If you would like to see more of my pictures go to www.goodshots.ning.com. It is a site I just set up for my photos.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

LJ,

I live near Wilmington. Actually about 30 miles inland from Wilmington. Four miles from Black River, a beautiful spot for fishing and canoe trips, photo trips, etc. A creek, Mill Creek, runs by about 100 yards from my back door and empties into Moore's Creek, which runs into Black River.

Here's my photo for today

post-921-1220928982.jpg

LJ,

I live near Wilmington. Actually about 30 miles inland from Wilmington. Four miles from Black River, a beautiful spot for fishing and canoe trips, photo trips, etc. A creek, Mill Creek, runs by about 100 yards from my back door and empties into Moore's Creek, which runs into Black River.

Here's my photo for today

Where you live sounds lovely, Don. We're nearly on the shore of Lake Norman here ourselves, but we rarely get to do anything lake related. We plan to buy a few acres eventually, but for now it's just our little backyard.

Nice Eastern Painted Lady you caught on film there. Excellent shot.

LJ

Archived