Bone Carving - Lashing/Binding

adam

Hi Im curently overseas and cant get to my carving book. I need some help with binding/lashing...Im actually not sure of the real term but basicly attaching the chord to the bone carving for necklaces in a decorative fashion..ie...traditinal NZ and polynesian styles... Ive done a bit of this in the past but not for a few years any help with instructions or where I can find it on the web would be greatly appreciated... Also Ive just discovered the Kumihimo disk via this forum, and in the past Ive just used the process explained in the mhyre book, made my own, any different and perhaps easier ways of making chord whould be a great help too... cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Im curently overseas and cant get to my carving book. I need some help with binding/lashing...Im actually not sure of the real term but basicly attaching the chord to the bone carving for necklaces in a decorative fashion..ie...traditinal NZ and polynesian styles... Ive done a bit of this in the past but not for a few years any help with instructions or where I can find it on the web would be greatly appreciated... Also Ive just discovered the Kumihimo disk via this forum, and in the past Ive just used the process explained in the mhyre book, made my own, any different and perhaps easier ways of making chord whould be a great help too... cheers

look at www.nzetc.org/.../BucMani-fig-BucMani169a.html

http://radio.weblogs.com/0128644/categories/boneCarving/

Archived