Fire and Water Bronze

Hi,

I picked this up at the foundery yesterday and just finished mounting it on the base. The piece is polished bronze and the base black walnut to give it contrast. The title is Fire and Water and it is thirty-six inches tall excluding the base. This is what I do when I need to relax after working in miniature. My next project is a manju netsuke with sea creatures.

Dick

post-15-1117220607.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just figured out that no one replied to your posting this any earlier than today! I remember seeing it, but didn't I see it a while ago? My mind is playing tricks on me. I apoligize for not saying something earlier.

This is a piece that could be looked at for a long time, and one to be enjoyed in many settings. The reflections become a part of the flame, and where ever it is there is another story being told.

How are the sea creatures coming on the manju? Do you have any photos of the process that you might share with us?

Thanks for posting!

Janel

The piece was cast at the A.R.T. Research Enterprises in Lancaster PA. They cast all my large pieces. They are a great foundry to work with. I sent them a plaster and they delivered a finished piece. It is coated with a special epoxy that will allow it to stay polished outdoors. I had my own foundry at one time but sold everything. I have no desire to cast anything. That is why all my pieces are fabricated. I sculpt my big pieces in clay or plaster and and take them to A.R.T.

The piece reflects itself the viewer and the enviorment.

I havent gotten beyond the drawing stage on the sea creatures netsuke but I will post it as it moves along.

Dick

Archived