New

fkvesic

Hello,

I'm Freda, living in Glasgow, Scotland. I've been lurking on TCP (and a couple of other allied forums) for weeks, reading and learning.

Though I've whittled wood (not very seriously) for years, I've only recently turned to netsuke and realise there's a lot to learn - tool-making, too. I've 4 pieces on the go at the moment, none of them very good, all a bit lifeless, but I'm hoping that practice makes perfect - given a lifetime or three!

Many thanks to all who have put up tutorials, hints, tips and different ways of working. They've been very helpful.

F

Hi Fkvesic, hi all. A master is always a pupil. You learn something everyday, you make errors everyday. I think that everytime you show your work, everytime you are a little afraid. It's just a habit. Here, in TCP, people show and talk about their passion, you have the same, we will be happy to see your work. Welcome. :)

Many thanks for your warm welcome, Janel and Sergio.

I've been discovering that many museums (not just the most well-known, either) in Britain have moderately large to large collections of netsuke. Here's a link to one of the largest, the Victoria and Albert Museum in London: some of these netsuke I knew very well as I lived not far from the V&A as a child. You'll need to type 'netsuke' in the search function:

http://collections.vam.ac.uk/indexplus/page/Home.html

Archived