Hello from Belgium

alain

Hello there all you wonderful people from all over the world , greetings from Belgium .

I am a amateur carver from Belgium , for more than 4 years now , worked as a maintenance ingenieur .

My first carvings are very basic , but   the have learned me the basic carving by doing it and to experiment with all type material and tools and create new ideas.

I come often on this forum for information and techniques for carvings netsuke

I want to thank all forum members for the info that they have posted on the forum about carving .

I want to thank , and not only a great artist and a Gentle Lady for keeping this forum as aministrator in order ,

Thanks you Janel for your great work on your forum .

I want also to thank Tom Sterling .

Without the book from the great Tom Sterling from his website , it was inpossible for me to start , and for nowing the technical source and tricks for carving , always grateful for that Tom .

My website is in flash , made with cheap website-maker software ,

for people with a slow internet connection is there a problem to see flash fast .

Sorry for my English, I speak and read it , but I am not used to writh it  .

my website link

http://netsuke.magix.net/website/ 

yours sincerely

Alain Vereycken

Thanks for your welcome .

Janel a day that stand on my harddisk from my brain .

If you come on the forum for the first time ,

you have no idea how valuable and how much information can get you here ,

until you start your self , then you the value .

All from artist which stands in the profession , or amateurs carvers ,

and all have learned it with with trial and error , and not timid are to say it .

The best thing from the erros is that new ideas have arisen .

Each disadvantage has its advantage :blush:

• 1 month later...

[

quote name=alain' date='Nov 14 2008, 09:26 AM' post='13887]

Hello there all you wonderful people from all over the world , greetings from Belgium .

I am a amateur carver from Belgium , for more than 4 years now , worked as a maintenance ingenieur .

My first carvings are very basic , but   the have learned me the basic carving by doing it and to experiment with all type material and tools and create new ideas.

I want to thank all forum members for the info that they have posted on the forum about carving .

I want to thank , and not only a great artist and a Gentle Lady for keeping this forum as aministrator in order ,

Without the book from the great Tom Sterling from his website , it was inpossible for me to start , and for nowing the technical source and tricks for carving , always grateful for that Tom .

for people with a slow internet connection is there a problem to see flash fast .

my website link

yours sincerely

Alain Vereycken

[

quote name=alain' date='Nov 14 2008, 09:26 AM' post='13887]

my website link

yours sincerely

Alain Vereycken

hallo,

Ik heb net de website the carving path ontdekt. Een vraagje, Zou je eventueel bereid zijn een mal te maken voor mij? Ik ben een chocolatier. Ik doe mee aan een wedstrijd en zou een moule nodig hebbenvan een envoudig hoofd.

Kan je me helpen?

Met vriendelijke groeten

Geert

karakske@skynet.be

Hello Geert,

The members here all try, or struggle to try, to use English. It is one of the difficulties for a world wide forum, to try to have a useful language for our communication. I have used Babylon translation to see if what you wrote could become useful in English. I guessed at your language at being Dutch, or near to it, but it does not really translate everything, so I have tried to blend translations from other language translations

"I have just the website The carving path discovered. A brief question, you might perhaps be prepared, to make a template for me? I am a chocolatier. I join in a competition and would be a Moule needed a envoudig hebbenvan head. [would that be a mold of a head?] Can you help? With warm greetings Geert karakske@skynet.be "

I regret that this is not easier! Thank you for trying. Are you from the Netherlands or Belguim?

Janel

Archived