New Member - Kentucky

rbagateky

I just joined to learn more about carving small items, get tips and read about what others are currently doing in carving.

I have only carved some small fire agate cabochons, agate leaves and other shapes a few years ago. Cutting cabochons has been a thing I have been doing for over 30 years.

My machines all use either sintered diamond wheels or plated diamond wheels. I just decided to try doing some more small carvings in agates and chalcedonies so I bought in the last 3 months from Diamond Pacific Tool Corp a Multi-Flex System with the parts to make 4 different machine configurations.

Also purchased 12 Inland Lapidary Sintered diamond burrs in 6 shapes, 6 in 100 grits and 6 in 220 grit. A Foredom tool with 3 or 4 handpiece and a lot of other tools is also available.

Since I have had a lot of surgery 2 years ago I am only working and setting things up slowly.

Hi rbagateky!

Welcome to The Carving Path Forum!

Your equipment sounds like a serious commitment to learning and working! I hope that you will find some good tips, and make some connections with other members who work with stone carving. The SEARCH function, at the upper right of the browser window, opens up the great resource of the forum's archives.

Janel

Hi rbagateky!

Welcome to The Carving Path Forum!

Your equipment sounds like a serious commitment to learning and working! I hope that you will find some good tips, and make some connections with other members who work with stone carving. The SEARCH function, at the upper right of the browser window, opens up the great resource of the forum's archives.

Janel

Archived