for those who are wondering where the iron brush is gone..

Amati Lorenzo

• 5 weeks later...

I know that many of the older members are familiar with the metals forum and will find it interesting to visit. It apparently experienced some problems, and probably had no other way to announce its return.

Please do remember The Carving Path at times as you search for knowledge and for a place to offer your experience to help others to learn and grow. It is you members who make this a great forum and resource for folks who find carving on a smaller scale a compelling force in their lives.

Kindest regards,

Janel

Sorry Janel for using your space without asking; Obviously I didn't mean to promote anything (as you ALL see I have put no link) but just to be gentle with many of this forum users that are registered also elsewhere.

No politic plots or other, just kindness. I see you got it right anyway, so thank you.

Being myself a webmaster since long time ago, used to be moderator in several communities, and also administrator of that other forum we all well know, I can't see nothing evil on my words.

Some of you, was happy to have the playground back, and knows how hard I had to work for other's sake.

No need to mention that, on my private message folder of this forum, I still have all the PM you sent me to have your password back; I wonder how you could do that if I didn't post this topic here.

I really could spend my time in another way, I get no money for the job I do for people like you, I just hope some kindness back.

I hope you Janel, don't take this as something offensive for you; Just if I am judged I like to have the possibility of reply, keeping of course calm myself and not using more rights than what I have here.

Amati Lorenzo

EDIT: don't want to leave a gap on this discussion that will make it look odd; I just deleted the name I wrote since I have understood now that his reply was not directed to me, and was misunderstood because it was left as reply to an empty message. Wars unfortunately sometimes starts like this... Any way all solved between me and Mike, thank you all and Sorry Mike.

Ooops.. looks like I may have caused some confusion.. I initially tried to make a personal reply to Lorenzo but mistakenly made a public reply to his post regarding the Iron brush forum. Sorry, I'm fairly new to this forum posting stuff. When I realised my mistake I tried to delete my post but by that time Mike had made a reply.. which now looks like he was replying to Lorenzo instead of me... and to which Lorenzo has replied. All very confusing and unfortunate. If anybody wishes to clarify what has gone off at the Iron Brush forum please private message me and I'll be happy to explain in detail as I'm sure this is best discussed in private.

Regards

Fred :)

Thanks Amati Lorenzo, I appreciate the message. Being administrator is not always easy, and we do it for the good of the members, only for the return of successful postings on our forums. To help others to learn and grow is a key goal. Lets look forward, and not back at earlier difficulties. Please let us all make quiet PM messages if there is need for more discussion regarding this.

Kindest regards to you all,

Janel

PS. Does anyone have positive contributions in the metals forum area on TCP? I, for one, in the process of making a tool for woodturning, turned a copper ferrule edge on the lathe! My first touch of tool to metal so far! What a hoot! I did smile and think of you all!

Janel

I dont have your skill or artistic ability but I would still like to welcome you to my world where wood and metal often meet. Some times as small objects and some times large (ie kitchen fitting out).

My love is for the small for which I need small tools :) Enjoy making a tool or two.

Toothy

Archived