Book: Mokume Gane a Comprehensive study

monguimet

Dear everybody,

I try to find this book: Mokume Gane a Comprehensive study from Steve Midgett but it seems out of printing and then in amazon they sell at 150USD.

Anybody know how I can get that book at better price? Used or new no matter.

Please let me know because I am very interested to learn Mokume Gane. Also any other resource, book, dvd, training school, etc... will be more than welcome!!

Thanks,

jaume

• 6 months later...

Dear Sir,

I receive your reply long time ago. Thanks!!

I wish to know if you have been buying from that website you recommend me, because I don't know if the books are in English or German. I sent email to sellers but no reply... I also wish to know if the book they offer is "Mokume Gane a comprehensive study".

If you can give me any other information will be apreciated.

Thanks,

Jaume

PS: Do you know about the book of Ian Ferguson?

• 3 weeks later...
If you are interested in a class,James Binnon will be teaching one at Revere Academy April 2010.

Revere Academy Master's Symposium

FANTASTIC INFO.......its rare that jim does a class ....its rare that any do them on mokume gane period...

ill look into it for sure but the costs will be sky high with air,hotel+classes urrrr

michele on the wrong coast .

Dear everybody,

I try to find this book: Mokume Gane a Comprehensive study from Steve Midgett but it seems out of printing and then in amazon they sell at 150USD.

Please let me know because I am very interested to learn Mokume Gane. Also any other resource, book, dvd, training school, etc... will be more than welcome!!

Thanks,

jaume

ps as of today that book is $300-400.- usd

michele

i sure wish steve would reprint it as its the #1 book ,and steve owns the pub company..

i dislike ian's book big time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
dan thank you for that info.

Id love to go but being in sf i am afraid it would cost me $2,000.-to $3,000.- to go.

A tad to much as sf is a costly city to stay in.

Well you just need to find some school or other organization with appropriate studio space that wants to hire me out in your part of the country.

I don't teach often as it takes a lot of time and effort to prepare for a class and I have not found it a good way to keep the bills paid :) But I do believe it is a necessary thing to do on occasion. So I have been doing it every other year or so.

Jim

Dear everybody,

Thanks,

jaume

I keep bugging Steve to republish it but it is a lot of work and money to do so and we have other projects that are a higher priority right now. But I hope he will do so some day. Steve's DVD is still available from jewelry supply houses like Rio Grande. It is a good introduction and step by step instruction to liquid phase bonding of mokume gane.

Jim

Archived